Above: post steam set (the high-heat, steam-not-water procedure is outsourced to craftsmen in Tokyo who mostly work with kimono clients), red dye now bright and alive. Approx.120 things I secretly feared would go wrong, one of which being overdoing the dye, meaning way too many dye particles sitting upon fabric grain, from which a major trouble certainly results, a mistake I once made in 2003, did not happen. Dyed surface now stable, time for me to relax.
Firstly, thank you!! to those of you who signed up for my newsletter, also for your kind notes and generous words. Please know you have my appreciation.
Above: Dream Lily (Nine), one of the very first photos I took of spider lily petals – a visual memo I made back in late 2012, of ideas for the dress series to emerge.
Below: fast forward several years. Spider Lily Red – Flare 1 (the series and its first piece), acid dye on silk, process, detail, photographed on 15th of July, a day after I stopped painting on the piece – there was nothing more to add.
Looking back to where it began before stepping into the remaining 2 percent, crossing my fingers.
Cookie is a mini data file my web server sends you and stored in your browser to help me serve you better.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies are best be enabled at all times so, for instance, my site can remember your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, again for example, your cookie preferences be gone when you leave, meaning upon your return we start over from scratch.
3rd Party Cookies
This website used to use an analytic service Stat Counter, translation service GTranslate which pulls Google Translate function, and a shopping cart service Gumroad.
To turn them all off, you can either
1. click “REJECT ALL COOKIES” on the pop up banner
2. leave the cookie button on the right disabled, or
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!